Saturday, July 27, 2013

WET MOUNTAIN BIKE RIDE ON TRAILS AND SIDEWALKS

My goodness how fast the weather changes here in South Florida. According to the weather radar, I had a two to three hour window to ride the trails and sidewalks in my general area without too many concerns.

Well, after ducking into Einstein’s Bagel Shoppe once (for water and to stay dry) and then a shuttered office building when the rain really began coming down, I got the hint that stormy, wet weather with lightning was well upon us and wasn’t about to dissipate any time soon.

But all was well, because I managed to make it back to our truck at my wife’s work place before I became a cycling human sponge. After throwing the bike and helmet into the rear of the truck, I made a quick phone call to my wife assuring her that I had safely completed my shortened ride.

I then drove the four-miles to our home where our two kitty cats were waiting to be fed their mid-day snack. In fact, all three of us are enjoying a mid-day snack as I type.

No comments:

Post a Comment