Monday, July 15, 2013

1/2 METRIC-CENTURY SOLO/GROUP MTB RIDE

This morning’s bike ride was a ½ metric century, solo/group MTB ride through the towns of Pembroke Pines, Cooper City, Davie, Weston and Sunrise. I was the only cyclists on a MTB, while all others rode their road bikes.

I rode the first half of today’s ride by myself before joining Sandy, Tom and Ron at Einstein’s Coffee Shoppe in Weston.

Oscar Wind Park in Sunrise, FL
On the way to the coffee shoppe, one particular park that I rode through was partially flooded because of all the rain that we've had the past couple of days. I thought it was fun riding through ½ foot of water on sections of the park’s curvy bike trail.

After consuming hot coffee and our individual snack of choice, we decided to ride along the bike trail that parallels Interstate 595 before riding on even more bike lanes through the Town of Davie until we exited the trail at the intersection of Griffin Road and Palm Avenue. So that I could remain on safe sidewalks, it was at that intersection where I parted the group for the final time.   

98% of today’s ride was on sidewalks or bike trails, with the lone 2% on a couple of safe residential streets. 

This was an easy, fun ride in near perfect weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment