Friday, July 12, 2013

OUR PLEA TO ALL MOTORISTS

To all motorcar and truck drivers, I surrender! You win! Look at me and please note that I am waving a white flag indicating that I have had enough of this nonsensical slaughter.

I concede to all you careless, uncaring, distracted motor-vehicle drivers, males and females alike, young and old, that the roadways are yours and only yours. You and your car culture have handedly won the rights-to-the-roads battle.

Can we agree that you’ll keep your two-ton four-wheelers on the roads while I keep my 20-30 pound bicycles on the sidewalks and bike paths? Additionally, I’ll promise to only cross your charming streets when moving from one bumpy sidewalk to another if you’ll promise to look both ways when pulling out of all driveways and side roads.

Do we have an agreement?

Thanking you in advance,
Robert J. (Ex-road biker)

Note: The State of Florida, in particular Broward (My County) and Dade Counties in South Florida, has been determined to be the most dangerous area within the borders of the United States of America for road cyclists. I owe it to my magnificent wife and two lovely daughters to no longer be reportedly suicidal by riding my road and mountain bikes on this area’s major roadways. (Some quiet residential roads will be the exception)

No comments:

Post a Comment