Sunday, July 7, 2013

MTB’ing ALONG THE ATLANTIC OCEAN WITH MY WIFE

Hollywood Beach just south of the bandshell
Me:  While my wife did a training run/walk along the Hollywood Beach Boardwalk, I rode alongside her on my MTB.

After she logged in over five-miles, we stopped at our favorite sidewalk café on the boardwalk and enjoyed a delicious breakfast with four of our local running friends.

From there, my wife speed walked back to our vehicle that was parked over two-miles from the boardwalk café. I followed, except when it was time to zoom down the bridges without having to pedal. Weeeeeeeeeee

It was a fun morning in the hot sub-tropics of South Florida.

 

Wife:  After parking our truck at a food store parking lot 1.3 miles from the Atlantic Ocean, my husband and I went eastward towards the beach boardwalk. Most of this training session was done on the Hollywood Beach, Florida boardwalk. We crossed over two bridges on the way to the beach, which accounts for most of the elevation gains.

Crossing over the intracoastal waterway on Sheridan St.
I walked (2 minutes) and ran (30 seconds) throughout the training session while my husband rode alongside me on his MTB. My average heart rate was 144 bpm while his was only 77 bpm. How unfair is that!? LOL

 

Wife:  After enjoying breakfast on the beach boardwalk with my husband and four of our friends, I speed walked back to our truck that was parked over two miles away from the sidewalk café. By then, it was unbearably hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment