Friday, July 26, 2013

HALF IMPERIAL CENTURY ROAD-BIKE RIDE

Two days ago, it was Ed’s 82nd birthday. Ed is one of our road bikers. I was absent Wednesday during the cake celebration during their cycling break at Einstein’s Bagel Shoppe, so this morning we had a celebration of sorts by cycling half of Ed’s age, a 41-miler. It gets pretty bad whenever you can no longer bike the amount of miles that matches your age or blow out the amount of candles that matches your age.

Maybe I should remember the above comment two months from now when I turn 72 years of age, because I’m planning on riding 72 miles-with-smiles on our near my actual birth-date.

Because of the geographical location where everyone else’s ride ended this morning, or near noontime, I continued on for nine additional miles for a total of 50.22 miles.

This morning’s ride felt like a walk in the park. Quite honestly, I believe I could have done an Imperial Century with ease. But I would have had to do it alone, and that’s no fun.

Gee, I wonder if anyone will accompany me on my planned 72-miler.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment