Thursday, July 4, 2013

INDEPENDENCE DAY MTB RIDE

Independence Day MTB ride with Sandy S and Carol C.
Carol and Sandy at Stirling Rd. & Hiatus Rd.

This morning’s Independence Day mountain-bike ride with Sandy and Carol was done on a combination of roadways, bike paths, horse trails with poop, curvy tree-lined sidewalks, and even walking paths through city parks. I loved biking on the curvy, undulating sidewalks in the City of Weston. Those particular sidewalks account for half of our 160 feet elevation gain. That’s some tough climbing, folks!

At around mile 18, we stopped at Einstein’s Coffee and Bagel Shoppe for a break from the sun and wind, which was their typical self this morning - bright and gusty.

After consuming one package of cheese crackers and then a quick visit to the latrine, we shoved off in the general direction of where we began this morning's entertaining bike ride, the intersection of Stirling Road and Hiatus Road in beautiful Cooper City, Florida USA.  

Happy Independence Day!

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1464991


NEIGHBORHOOD 5K WALK

After noticing numerous Independence Day 5K’s taking place around town, I decided to make up my own right here in my neighborhood.  The only drawback was, I didn't earn a run/walk t-shirt to add to the hundreds that already clog up my dresser-drawers and closet.  Maybe not receiving a shirt was a good thing. 

I didn't really push myself during this walk.  Wisely, I stuck to my plan of speed-walking every two minutes for 30 only seconds.  When I wasn't speed-walking, I was doing what some people call “power-walking,” which amounts to walking a bit faster than my normal walk.

Average Temperature was 88F with the real feel at 96F.  There were no clouds to protect the old body from the sun, which means that I better get myself in that shower and wash off the gobs of sunscreen that I rubbed on my face, neck and head.

Adios mi amigos…           

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/337590327 

No comments:

Post a Comment