Monday, July 29, 2013

CYCLING IN HADES

Tom fixing Ed's flat tire before today's ride
Hot, hot, hot, brutally hot! Cycling in South Florida this time of year is liken to running a marathon in a sweltering inferno somewhere in the depths of Hades. Today’s bike ride was a perfect example of the remorselessness of our mid-summer climate.

Without a hint of exaggeration, the heat and humidity in these sub-tropics basically sucks the life right out of you. Having spent most of my life in these parts, I’m still not accustomed to the suffocating summertime weather.

My wife and I are looking forward to our upcoming vacation in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee, where we are hoping that a smidgen of relief awaits our arrival.

Someone remind me to pack our jackets – that is if I can find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment