Sunday, July 21, 2013

SOLO ROADBIKE TRAIL RIDE

Two tropical birds that were not about to move
This morning's spur-of-the-moment road-bike ride began at 9:54 a.m., yet the average temperature still was an uncomfortable 89.4F.

After dropping off my wife at her work place, I started out on the Orange Drive bike trail heading east. My turn-a-round point was a half-empty McDonald’s parking lot at Griffin Road and US441 in Davie. Lots of road traffic in that area.

I hadn’t a clue where I was headed from there, but I did want to find a new bike trail in the area of Orange Drive and 75th Avenue that I had noticed on Google Earth.

I found the bike-trail and promptly followed the yellow brick road to a western-styled Dairy Queen that would be perfect for one of our weekday rest stops. This particular DQ has a shaded outdoor patio with tables, which would be perfect for our feisty gang. I’m thinking that we could solve many of the world’s problems in the shade of that patio, all while eating ice-cream cones and sipping on smoothies.

From that area, I rode on many bike trails and wide sidewalks – all in the cities of Davie and Cooper City.

Only because my water bottle felt light and empty did I end today’s ride so early. Shame on me for not carrying two bottles. 

After riding my MTB the past few rides, today’s ride on my road-bike felt really easy. Aside from the heat and humidity, as well as my empty water bottle, this would have been a perfect day for a metric century or beyond.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment