Sunday, December 30, 2012

WALK/RUN A 1/4TH MARATHON

For the first time in well over a year, I injected some running into my walking. Not a whole lot, only 30 seconds of slow running every ten minutes, which clearly is enough to generate a pace that will easily qualify me to complete the upcoming Goofy Challenge in Walt Disney World. I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

The good news is that I felt no tightness or discomfort in my left knee, nor did I feel any discomfort in my lower back. All of those lubricant injections in the left knee must have done the trick, and leaning slightly forward when walking and running evidently takes the pressure off of the arthritic spinal area in my lower back. Now I know why elderly folks lean forward when walking. I’ll have to remember that when I get old. J

With an average temperature of 57 degrees Fahrenheit and the sky a beautiful blue, it was a perfect day to get out there and do some fast striding around the old neighborhood.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/255799897

No comments:

Post a Comment