Monday, December 24, 2012

CHRISTMAS EVE BIKE RIDE

When I slowly rode my bike to the car park, which, by the way, really lowers my overall average riding pace, I was extremely pleased to see most of the guys congregating around their motorized four wheelers ready to ride their bikes. Today being Christmas Eve, I wasn’t sure if anyone would show up. Five hardy souls and I showed up ready and willing to log some miles.

The ride to the coffee shoppe was basically humdrum and our one hour stay at the coffee shoppe uneventful, except, that is, when Ed shouted out rather loudly to the employees that they were out of hot coffee. One thing you need to know about our Ed. To keep him smiling and contented, you must keep the coffee pot full. The employees now know this!

Unlike our ride to the coffee shoppe, the ride back to the barn generated some speedy riding. If it were not for several traffic signals and stop signs, our overall pace would be a couple/three mph faster. At least the traffic was lighter because school was not in session.

Sandy S, Tom and Steve took turns pulling while I gladly took the position of the brightly colored caboose. Ron, I believe, maintained a middle-of-the-pack position. Wearing my bright lime-green cycling jacket certainly has its advantages.

Safely home at last, I’m fixing to put a small turkey, cranberry sauce and orange marmalade into the slow cooker. Served with noodles and your favorite veggies, this makes a most delicious meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment