Sunday, January 20, 2013

WALKING, TALKING AND GOOFING UP

3/10ths of a mile was not registered because I stupidly hit the stop button instead of the mode button. That’s what I get for multi-tasking and running my mouth at the same time.

What started out as a casual walk to the gym and back turned into the type of walking that I would have to do should I decide to walk next weekend’s ING Miami (Florida) Half Marathon. I’m still undecided, but I have a feeling that once I get there I’ll be jumping into my assigned corral with the rest of the slugs.

At 74 degrees Fahrenheit and the high altitude clouds offering some welcome relief from the bright Florida sunshine, it was a perfect morning for walking outdoors. Near the end of our walk, however, all of the clouds had disappeared.

We noticed that more people were out walking this morning than usual. Perhaps a few of them were sticking with their New Year’s resolution for a healthier lifestyle.

At mile 1.31, we ducked into the gym for a weight machine workout. Our gym workout lasted around 30 to 40 minutes. We both were pleased with our gym session and our walk.

Walk Stats:

No comments:

Post a Comment