Friday, January 4, 2013

NEW CYCLING ROUTE

Despite averaging only 8 to 9 mph on the first four miles as well as the last two miles (all sidewalks), I still averaged an overall pace of 13.4 mph on our new group route, which Sandy appropriately named “Bogart’s Ride” named after Bogart's Deli that is located in the car-park shopping center.  

I like the new route as well as the new car park area. I like the new route because it keeps us off a very dangerous section of Hiatus Road and I like the new car park area because we now have three legitimate places to empty our bladders should the need arise. The old car park had no place to discreetly empty out except for some cypress trees along the edge of a lake – right in clear view of a bunch of medical offices, one of them being a urologist office. Comical coincidence, I would say!

Per my Garmin Edge 500, the average temperature for today’s ride was a comfortable 75.6. And who am I to argue with my Garmin!? I’ll take those temps any old day.

We had one mechanical during today’s ride, a rear flat on Greg’s relatively new bike. Three of us stopped to assist with the flat. Try to imagine eight male hands fixing one flat. Unfortunately, my bike’s Contour Roam camera was facing the opposite direction during the tire change, otherwise I would be posting a comical video for all to see.

One half hour after arriving home from the ride, I took my Felt bike to my bike mechanic’s home for a thorough medical checkup. Lady Felt should be ready for our club ride tomorrow, if I opt to ride. More than likely I will!

Everyone have a wonderful, safe weekend.

Above picture is me on Indian Trace Rd. approaching Weston Road.  At the time, I was pulling the pace-line.    

No comments:

Post a Comment