Thursday, January 17, 2013

FIRST WORKOUT IN OVER A WEEK

Because of the dastardly flu bug, this was my first workout of any kind since January 8th, 2013, and that was when my wife and I had to walk to the car maintenance shop to retrieve our truck.

It felt wonderful to again walk around our neighborhood at a decent pace and not feel like I was dying. I’ll resume biking when I feel 100%, which should be sooner than later.

With the upcoming Miami ING Half Marathon just days away, maybe my wife and I will have better luck this time around. Last weekend’s events in Walt Disney World were total washouts, losing nearly $700 in event registration fees in the process. I understood when I signed us up months ago that there is a no cancellation policy, so I have no hard feelings towards Disney. Some things in life simply do not pan out as planned.

At mile 2.0 of today’s walk, I stopped in at the gym and did an abbreviated weight machine workout. I don’t believe I was in the gym more than 20 minutes.

It was rather warm outside today, with the average temperature right around 79F. I’m re-hydrating with Glaceau Vitamin Walter, dragon fruit flavor. Good stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment