Sunday, January 27, 2013

ING MIAMI MARATHON SPECTATOR

For the long-term benefit of my health, mainly my lower back, I chose not to participate in this morning’s 2013 ING Half Marathon in Miami, FL USA. My role this morning was strictly that of a spectator.

So for the three hours that my wife and friends were running/walking the annual event, I strolled around Bayside taking photos of the Port of Miami, docked cruise ships, bridges, yachts, tall buildings, runners and spectators, and various tents that were set up for the benefit of the runners and walkers.

With the average temperature right around 73 degrees, I have to say that I thought I was in heaven while walking around the vicinity of Miami’s Bayfront Park.

An amazing ending to my day was when I ran into my very first DM friend, Rosemary B, coming out of the runner’s post-marathon food area. She had come all the way from the other side of the globe to participate in this and other local events, so running into her was a real plus to what was already a fabulous day.

Our day ended over a delicious post-marathon breakfast at one of Hollywood, Florida’s IHOP restaurants. My breakfast choice was the harvest grain pancake combo. Double yummy…

No comments:

Post a Comment