Monday, May 27, 2013

WINDY, SEMI-FAST BIKE RIDE

Although our overall riding pace of nearly 14 mph isn't anything to write home about, it seemed like Sandy and I were constantly hammering during this morning’s 22-mile bike ride. Both of us even set new PR’s on one of our Strava segment, his being much faster than mine.

I do recall, however, that Sandy and I was always slowing down to allow the other three to catch up. That, I’m sure, shot down any hopes of an overall pace that our moms and pops would have been proud of.

The wind was vicious! Blowing in from the east between 18-25 mph, the wind kept our heart rates higher than normal for that speed and distance.

And then there was the unrelenting heat. No wonder I’m home chug-a-lugging a tall glass of cold water.

No comments:

Post a Comment