Saturday, May 25, 2013

NEW MOUNTAIN BIKE

I wasn’t intending to purchase a new mountain bike today, I really wasn’t. But when Sandy and I first entered our area’s new Performance Bike Shop earlier today, I couldn’t keep my eyes off the shiny new Diamondback Outlook Mtn. Bike that was securely sitting on one of several floor racks. I looked at a few other bikes, but I kept going back to the blue, red and black Diamondback.

The 2013 Diamondback Outlook is a great choice for rides in the neighborhood or at local parks. It sports a DB 6061-T6 Aluminum MTB frame complete with fender and rack mounts. The Trail XC 50mm travel front suspension fork will take the bite off any harsh road surface or gravel path.

A nice blend of Shimano components including shifters and front/rear derailleurs gives you easy access to a wide range of gears--to climb hills and cruise the flats easily. Sturdier double wall rims from Weinmann add durability to a solid mountain bike.

As soon as I got my new bike home, I replaced the original pedals with SPD Mtn. Bike pedals. I also changed saddles to a Serfas Mtn. Bike Saddle, installed a spare tire and tool bag underneath the Serfas saddle, and installed a bottle holder and a small emergency air pump on the frame. I’m now ready to do some sidewalk, trail and park riding in between road bike days.

No comments:

Post a Comment