Friday, May 24, 2013

NATURE PRESERVE BIKE RIDE

After riding alongside my wife for five miles while she did training run/walk, I joined my wheel mates at the meet-up place for an additional 31 miles.

On the way to the coffee shop, I rode with Sandy, Stephen, Ron, Gary and Rey at a 14.2 mph pace. There was another gentleman rider, but I haven’t a clue what his name was. He never said and I never asked!

After chatting and drinking coffee at Einstein’s Bagel Shop for 45 minutes, three of us took an entirely new route back to the car park. Fundamentally, the other four took off from the coffee shop without us. That  was when Sandy, Stephen and I said “Phooey on them, we’ll take a different, more exciting route back to the meet-up spot.” And that we did!

After riding through sections of Weston, we headed for the Pembroke Pines Nature Preserve located west on Sheridan Street. http://www.mclaiborne.com/blog/?p=224

Once there, we slowly rode our bikes out on the wooded boardwalk as far as we could - pausing at the end to take some photos. Because of the high air temperature (lower 90's) and the lack of shade, we hung around for only 10 minutes of so.

The ride from the coffee shop back to the car park, including our stop at the nature preserve, was done at a 15.5 mph pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment