Thursday, May 9, 2013

FAT-TIRE BIKE RIDE ON SIDEWALKS

Too busy to ride yesterday, I was itching to get out on my bike this morning. The bike of choice this morning was my ill-fated fat-tire bike, the one that is ordained to end up in the garbage heap in a few short weeks. The old relic is beginning to aggravate me to no end.

This morning’s bike ride found me riding on sidewalks, sandy vacant lots, trashed parking lots full of broken glass, road-side grass and dirt, through a small tree-covered park that is designed for dog walkers and baby strollers, and twice over the Florida Turnpike overpasses. When riding over the first overpass, I snapped a picture of the morning traffic passing underneath. When peering down below, I was glad that I was riding a bike and not riding in a vehicle on the turnpike.

To a certain extent, today's ride this morning was an exploration ride, one where I scout certain roadways for decent sidewalks, what side of the road the sidewalks are located and etc. 

In the very near future, I plan to ride all the way to the Florida Everglades, turn around and then ride all the way to the Atlantic Ocean. From the ocean, I’ll then head westward back to my home. It is to my advantage to know the best path, or roads, to take. Google Earth helps, but it’s not 100% accurate.

Where I live, it is approximately the same distance to the ocean as it is to the Everglades, maybe a couple of miles closer  to the Glades, so I’m looking at a round trip of roughly 45-50 miles on busy roads and sidewalks.  I can't wait!

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1305300


WALK AND WEIGHTS


My wife and I slowly walked to and from the gym, plus we did a weight machine workout while inside the gym. 

No comments:

Post a Comment