Friday, May 3, 2013

COFFEE SHOPPE BIKE RIDE

Surprisingly, we had an unanticipated large window of opportunity to ride this morning as the rained remained at bay, allowing five of us to pedal our sleek road bikes to Einstein’s Bagel Shoppe and back.

Due to vacationing in the mountains of Tennessee and then spending two days in Walt Disney World, this morning’s ride was my first road-bike ride since April 19th. That’s too long off the bike. I gotta tell y’all, it sure felt good getting back in the saddle and on the road.

My average speed while with my four amigos was 14.1 mph but only 12.7 mph overall because of the sidewalk riding to and from the meet-up place.

We paid strict attention to all stop signs this morning, which is what we should have been doing all along. While riding to the meet-up spot early this morning, one of our amigos was given a written warning by one of our alert sheriff deputies for cruising through a stop sign. I hope everyone in our small group heeds the warning.

Ride



I also walked with my wife to and from the gym.  We did most of the upper and lower body resistance machines while in the fitness center.  

No comments:

Post a Comment