Tuesday, May 14, 2013

FLORIDA EVERGLADES/ATLANTIC OCEAN BIKE RIDE


I rode my fat-tire bike 51.74 miles this morning on mostly sidewalks, gravel, rocks, tall grass, horse trails, dirt and sandy asphalt bike paths.


The solo bike ride began at my wife's work place. After departing from her employer's large parking  lot, I rode westward all the way to the Florida Everglades. A picture was taken of my bike with the Everglades in the background.

I then turned around and rode to the Atlantic Ocean, took a picture of my bike with the ocean in the background, and then turned around and rode back to my wife's place of employment.

Twice I stopped my bike to refill my one water bottle, once at Vista View Park (Mount Trashmore) and once at a Publix Market not far from the ocean. When at Publix, I bought two large candy bars for needed energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment