Wednesday, April 3, 2013

SLOW/FAST BIKE RIDE

What do you have when you combine a slow bike ride with a fast bike ride? Answer: A moderately paced bike ride!

During the first 15 miles of today’s bike ride, I was either by myself or with Ed, my 81 year old cycling friend. Even though the wind was at our backs 100% of the time, we rode slowly, so slow that I believe I could have sniffed the rose petals while pedaling.

On the way back to the meet-up spot, I rode with Tom, Sandy, Greg and Stephen. Even though 100% of the return segment was against South Florida’s relentless southeast wind, we rode moderately fast.

So there you have it, I did some slow riding and some fast riding. All in all, it was a fun day in the saddle at any speed.

My snack of choice at the half way point was a power bagel. Did I have a premonition!?

Average Temp: 80.6F

No comments:

Post a Comment