Friday, April 5, 2013

RAINY DAY BIKE RIDE

It’s raining, it’s pouring, the old man is snoring! And while it was raining and the old goat was snoring, I was outside riding my comfort bike – with a different saddle installed on the seat post, I might add. I had a Serfas H.S.S. saddle that wasn't being used, so the first thing this morning I enthusiastically installed the cushiony beauty.

This was another one of those 95% sidewalk rides, where the only time I actually ventured out on the roads was when I had to cross from one sidewalk to the other. That and when I crossed over Interstate 75 on Sheridan Road and Stirling Road!

Our usual Friday group road-bike ride was cancelled due to the rain, so when my wife left for grocery shopping, I hopped on the old bike thinking that I’d just go around the block a time or two.

Well, needless to say, I got carried away. One or two blocks turned into a ride of nearly 21 miles.

At first it wasn't raining. But as soon as I crossed the interstate, the sky opened up with a vengeance. And we all know how that goes – once you’re wet you may as well keep on pedaling. I’m glad I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment