Saturday, April 20, 2013

FOUR-CITY BIKE RIDE ON SIDEWALKS

This morning I rode my fat-tire bike 22.5 miles on sidewalks through the cities of eastern Miramar, Hollywood, Cooper City and Pembroke Pines. Because of all the sidewalks that were in disrepair, plus the Saturday morning traffic at intersections, I used extreme caution by going very slow.

Most sidewalks that were in need of repair were located in the eastern Miramar area, which is an area of that suburbia city that has changed considerably in the past twenty years. What used to be a lovely area of our county is now an eyesore for we who take pride in our homes and property. You can bet that I won’t be riding my bike through that area ever again.

If I wasn't carefully maneuvering my bike along broken uneven sidewalks, I was using caution not to run over piles of glass left by wankers that love to break their beer bottles on concrete after drinking the beverages. 

As a side note, I noticed numerous old cars parked in the driveways of that area that were equipped with enormously expensive wheels and low-profile tires. The wheels and tires were worth more than the cars.

Anyhow, that’s life in our three-county metro area, which reportedly has a population of over six million. 

I’m beginning to wonder if it isn't safer riding in designated bike lanes, or maybe I should just choose a better sidewalk route.

No comments:

Post a Comment