Monday, April 15, 2013

BIKE RIDE ON ROADS, SIDEWALKS AND BIKE PATHS

My best guess is that today’s bike ride was done on 25% roads and 75% sidewalks and bike paths. As soon as it began raining 11 miles into the ride, I got off the roads and stayed off.

Wanting to log extra miles because of Strava’s latest challenge, I split from the group prior to our coffee break and not too long before the first of two rain showers.

After consuming vitamin water and cheese crackers at Einstein’s, I went my own way without any route or direction in mind. I just knew that I wanted to learn new areas without having to follow close behind someone else’s wheel. I also felt going back out on the wet, vehicle clogged roads would have been too dangerous. I feel that I made the right choice.
Anyhow, I did find some bike paths that I never knew existed. Some of them were really nice while some were mediocre. I took the bad with the good and continued trucking on, again, with no direction or distance in mind.

During the 40 mile ride, I pretty much documented all riding areas by stopping often and taking pictures with my smart phone’s camera. It was fun being a cycling photographer!

Coming up shortly is a slide show of most bike paths and sidewalks that I rode on during today’s relaxed ride. But first it’s time to eat lunch. After lunch, I’ll make my wife and me a delicious smoothie for later. I like to have a scrumptious tasting smoothie waiting for her when she arrives home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment