Tuesday, October 30, 2012

WALKING IN THE GARDEN OF PEACE

Just minutes after leaving our home with a gym towel in my hand, and with all intentions on going to the fitness center for a weight workout, I felt like this day was reserved for a walk in the park.

With the temperature at a pleasant 65 degrees Fahrenheit and the sky brilliant blue, I knew that being indoors in the gym, underneath florescent lighting, just wasn’t going to get it. I had to remain outdoors, and I had to take a mind-clearing walk in our tropical-paradise-of-a-park. The park, after all, is only ½ mile from our gated community.

Ironically, as soon as I entered the park, my youngest daughter called me on my cell phone with a heartfelt question. Being amongst God’s beauty gave me the insight to answer her question in a manner becoming of our faith, and in a manner that was uplifting for her and for me. Without going into detail, we put the bad guy where he belongs – behind us.

All throughout this morning’s five-mile, two-hour walk, I stopped to take pictures with my smart phone’s camera, never once placing my Garmin 110 GPS on pause. This walk was not about clock time or walking pace; it was all about walking through the garden of peace in total appreciation for what’s been provided for us by Jehovah.  

What we do with these life-sustaining endowments is completely up to us, for He has given us free will to do and think as we please.

Me? I’m staying with the good Guy – and so is my daughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment