Friday, October 19, 2012

PEACOCKS, PARROTS AND RAIN

Only three of us rode today, Rey, Sandy and I. Rey was jokingly pleased to hear that I had cortisone injected into my left knee yesterday. That meant that this morning’s ride would be slower than normal, whatever normal is these days.

After our coffee break at Einstein’s Bagel Shop at mile 12.5, we rode through Markham County Park, east on the concrete bike trail, south on Flamingo Road service road and then on to Tom’s place, where we sat underneath his new Tiki hut chatting.

Shortly after we left Tom’s place, some unexpected rain came down upon our helmeted heads, forcing us to duck underneath one of Flamingo Garden’s pavilions. http://www.flamingogardens.org/Gardens.html While in the garden area, we enjoyed some delicious freshly squeezed orange juice that was grown and squeezed on the premises.

I was somewhat amused watching the colorful Peacocks walk around us while we drank our juice. I was also entertained while listening to the parrots and other tropical birds communicate with one another in bird language. I swear, I believe they were making fun of us three.

Anyway, today’s ride was fun and relaxing, albeit a bit damp for the last seven miles.



No comments:

Post a Comment