Tuesday, October 9, 2012

HOT WALK

I love to walk! But when the real feel temperature is 92 F, and the sun is directly into your face and eyes (Yes, my eyes are located on my facial side), walking then becomes pitilessly uncomfortable. That was the case this morning.

But not being fair weather walkers and runners, we endured the heat and humidity, stopping in the gym at mile marker 2.5 for a brief resistance machine workout. The gym’s air-conditioning never felt so good.

Keeping my fingers crossed for good riding weather tomorrow. The high heat will be okay, because we generate our own wind when riding. It’s the thunder and lightning that frightens the dickens out of me.

On order are a set of Leki Nordic Walking Poles to assist me in walking.  Nordic walking has become very popular in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment