Friday, November 16, 2012

WALKING AND SMOOTHIES, A PERFECT COMBINATION

No bike riding for me this morning due to an appointment with my back doctor. Unfortunately, ride days are the only days that this particular doctor is available at his Pembroke Pines medical office.

Everything is okay, this morning’s appointment was just one of those follow-up appointments that we all know and love.

After arriving home from the medical appointment, and then making myself a strawberry smoothie for later consumption, I laced up my Nike running shoes and then headed out the door in the general direction of our fitness center. Because it was such a beautiful day outdoors, I chose to bypass the gym in favor of walking around the shopping mall, hoping to arrive at our cycling meet-up spot right when the guys would be returning from their bike ride.

My timing was impeccable, because as soon as I arrived at the area where we typically meet, I spotted five of my biking amigos make the turn into the parking area.

After chatting for a spell, everyone went their individual ways. They headed home while I made a U-turn and began walking in the direction of the fitness center, where I ended up doing a quick series of weight machines.

Back home, I’m now writing this post on my super computer while enjoying the heck out of that strawberry smoothie.

Bobo’s Strawberry Smoothie:
12 ice cubes
Small Block of Tofu, maybe 2 oz.
8 Frozen (or fresh) Strawberries
Squirt of Strawberry Syrup
6 oz Low Fat Strawberry Yogurt
6 oz Almond Milk
¼ to ½ Cup of Almonds
½ of a banana, frozen (optional)
Put all ingredients in blender and then blend. Place in freezer for around 2 hours. Eat with spoon and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment