Wednesday, November 14, 2012

NEW CYCLING SEGMENT CREATED

A very large group showed up this morning for our SBW Wednesday mall bike ride. But not wanting to ride fast or in a dangerously tight pace-line, something I promised myself that I would shy away from, I chose instead to ride with Gary and Ed who are two pokers just like me. And I’m glad I did, and so is my wife who worries herself sick that something is going to happen to me whenever I ride in a fast peloton. I can’t blame her for being concerned.

Other than the strong wind that was coming in from the northeast, it was a perfect cycling day. It only rained once, and that was during our coffee break, when everyone was under cover. By the time we finished our coffee and snacks, the streets were dry as dinosaur bones.

I created a new Strava segment this morning – named it “Sewer Pipe Road” because of all the months it took just to set the drain pipe in the ground. Seeing as though the segment was just created today, I set a PR this morning on that stretch of roadway. 

Say what?

Ride stats via Garmin Edge 500:


No comments:

Post a Comment