Tuesday, November 27, 2012

NO BIKING, JUST WALKING

Due to an undisclosed illness, nothing that is serious, I’ll be off the bike for at least two to three weeks. Meanwhile, I’ll be doing some casual walks to the fitness center, stopping in for a light weight workout, and then walking home where the buffalo don’t roam.

I managed to slowly walk 2.05 miles this morning without breaking sweat. Slow walk, cool temperature = no sweat!

No sweat in the gym as well, only a 25 minute weight-machine workout along with some marathon training conversation with some middle aged chap that will be attempting his first marathon this coming January in Walt Disney World. After learning that he was running his long runs way too fast, resulting in nagging injuries, I think I have him on the right track for a successful, non-injury, first marathon.

On the way over to the gym, I ran into an older man (my age) that was training for his 20th Walt Disney Marathon in a row. We agreed that we do not own our streaks, the streaks own us.




No comments:

Post a Comment