Tuesday, November 13, 2012

TRAINING WALK + WEIGHT MACHINES

Beginning at 7:15 this morning, I set out to walk four miles slightly above the required Walt Disney World Marathon pace. I’m pleased to report that my mission was accomplished with ease.

Starting out slow, as is always the case, each mile became faster and easier. I believe the proper term for that is “negative splits.” This is one time when negative is actually positive.

At mile marker 3.10, I ducked into the fitness center for a complete weight machine workout, all the while admiring the beautiful weather outside the gym’s plate-glass walls. With the temperature right around 77 degrees, clear skies and a slight ocean breeze, how could I not adore South Florida’s sub-tropical weather?

I was glad when the weight-machine session was over with, though. That meant that I could go back in the beautiful outdoors and then complete my training walk.

It’s now time to feed the kittens and then make myself a wholesome breakfast.

Walk stats via Strava and Garmin Connect:

No comments:

Post a Comment