Tuesday, August 7, 2012

WALKED OFF ONE COOKIE

Only one chocolate chip cookie! That’s right folks, only one! According to my Garmin 110, that’s all I burned off this morning during our leisure two-mile walk, one regular sized chocolate chip cookie. Sad but true.

But thankfully, I’m not into calorie counting. Never have been! I’m lucky in that way. Besides that, this morning’s walk was a head-clearing walk and nothing more.

Have you ever gotten up out of bed in the morning and you just can’t seem to get yourself going? No? Yes? Well, whenever this happens to me, I have to get my fanny out the door and then get myself moving in some sort of way.

Not wanting to go through the steps one must take in order to ride the bikes, my wife and I simply slipped into our running shoes, strapped on our individual Garmin GPS’s, and then headed out towards the great beyond. And we’re glad we did!  Not counting the heat and humidity, it was a lovely walk.  Plus, our two-miler cleared my head of all cobwebs and spiders.  

Before it gets too hot outside, I plan on taking our bikes and all of the bike-cleaning paraphernalia outside underneath the large shady oak tree. It’s time to give both bikes a thorough cleaning.





No comments:

Post a Comment