Thursday, August 23, 2012

HOT COUNTY PARK BIKE RIDE

Hurricane or no hurricane!? That is the question!

Despite the madness that follows news reports of a possible hurricane on the horizon, I was going to get in a training ride before all the craziness began. And I was going to get in that training ride while wearing my Contour helmet cam, thinking that I just might capture some giant Iguanas crossing my path along the gator-infested canal.

Well, folks, no Iguanas and no Alligators. First time ever that one or the other wasn’t spotted. The only wildlife that I spotted and recorded was sitting in automobiles that were speeding by on the highway that runs along the canal.

Oh, wait! I did spot one large white Ibis pecking at the ground in search of food while I was riding along the path that is located right outside the park. And it was a very pretty Ibis bird at that.

I also spotted several lovely young ladies doing what I was doing, enjoying a late morning ride in one of our many beautiful county parks. Yes, guys, I recorded them while they were riding.

It’ll be a little while before I can upload and edit the video, so please stay tuned to this station until further notice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODxtprlv8I4

RIDE STATS:
Distance: 32.00 miles/51.5 kilometers
Moving Time: 021:32:10
Average/Max Pace: 12.6 mph/21.1 mph
Average/Max HR: 116/134
Elevation Gain: 255 feet
Average Temp: 89F



No comments:

Post a Comment