Friday, August 3, 2012

HORSE MANURE BIKE RIDE

Thinking that we were going to do a 55-mile training ride on my 55th cycling-day-in-a-row, I carbo-loaded prior to leaving the house, plus, I brought along some extra GU and Fig Newton’s for when we stopped for our short breaks.

Well, the extra-mile ride never did pan out due to various reasons. That’s okay, because had we ridden much farther, we may have been slaughtered by a slow moving front that dumped a huge amount of WAZ on our area. It’s still raining as I type! Even though we cycled a lessor amount of miles, we got rather wet during a brief rain shower that lasted for maybe three miles/twelve minutes.

On the comical side, whenever we have a lot of rain accompanied by the Thunder Monster, my two cats run and hide underneath our bed. Not that my two panicky cats have anything to do with biking, or exercise in general, I just thought I’d throw that in.

Back to this morning’s bike ride, we took an entirely new route on the way home from the caffeine shop. Have you ever biked on horse trails, where the only obstacle is horse manure? If you haven’t, please come join us whenever we opt for the pony ride on two wheels, skinny wheels at that.

I thought the new route was so cool, I stopped at one point and captured Tom, Ed and Sandy S on camera as they were passing me by. When I suddenly stopped, however, I was ever so cautious not to step in horse dung with my unclicked foot. Luckily, I was successful.

As it is, I’ve got some serious cleaning to do on my beautiful road bike. I certainly didn’t want to be forced to scrape off smelly stuff from my only pair of biking shoes.

RIDE STATS:
Distance: 33.27 miles, 3 of those wet miles
Moving Time: 02:36:55
Average/Max Speed: 12.7 mph/22.3 mph
Average/Max HR: 112 bpm/144 bpm
Elevation Gain: 210 feet
Calories Burned: 950
Piles of Horse Dung: Countless














No comments:

Post a Comment