Wednesday, August 22, 2012

PUSH, PULL AND CYCLE

My wife just purchased a new pair of running shoes, Nike Zoom Structure Triax+ 15's, so she wanted to give them a try on the treadmill so as not to get them dirty should they not fit or feel right. The shoes were fine! Her other Nike’s that she’s been wearing for three years are no longer in production. Imagine our surprise. Just when you find the perfect shoe for your feet, the companies discontinue that model. Shame on them!

We also wanted to fill up our car’s gas tank in preparation for the tropical storm that is looming in the Atlantic, so that eliminated our walk to and from the fitness center. We will fill up the SUV this afternoon on the way to Palm Beach to visit mom-in-law in the nursing home.

So, my good friends, while my better half toiled on the treadmill, I pulled and pushed on weight machines and then jumped on a recumbent bike for 5 miles. The 18 minutes that I was on the recumbent was a sweat fest. 87 degrees outside and no one saw the need for the ceiling fans to be on. The good husband that I am, I turned on my wife’s ceiling fan as soon as I saw which treadmill she chose. The slight over-head breeze instantly put a smile on her pretty face.

No comments:

Post a Comment