Tuesday, August 7, 2012

DAY 59

After thoroughly cleaning my wife’s Bianchi Trofeo Road Bike and my Felt Z6 Road Bike, and then attaching the SPD cleats onto my new pair of Shimano MO77 MTB shoes, I tested out the new shoes and bike by riding around our 3-mile block twice. The shoes were a perfect fit and they click in and out of the Shimano SPD pedals very easily.

“Why SPD’s on a road bike?” you might ask! Easy answer! I like the fact that I can click in on either side of the pedals. They may weigh a couple/three grams more than certified road bike pedals, but I feel that the assurance of clicking in on the first attempt is well worth the extra weight. If I were that concerned with a few grams, I would cease eating chocolate chip cookies.

So the cycling streak continues at number 59, with number 60 looming tomorrow morning. I feel that a good goal would be to bike 60 miles tomorrow to celebrate my 60th cycling-day-in-a-row.

Sixty is also a nice round number to stop this nonsense. With my youngest daughter flying into town Thursday evening, the timing is perfect to give cycling a rest and at the same time allow myself some valuable time with my little girl – who happens to be 45 years of age.

My Goodness, how time flies when you’re having fun…

No comments:

Post a Comment