Friday, October 11, 2013

SWEET SIXTEEN MTB RIDE


I pedaled my mountain bike 16.01 miles around our neighborhood earlier this morning so I’ll label the ride “Sweet Sixteen MTB Ride.”


And the ride was definitely sweet, all the time realizing how fortunate I am to be able to ride my bike whenever and wherever I wish while the majority of people fight the rush-hour traffic commuting to and from work. Hey, at least they’re working, right?

I’m not sure if y’all recall the late Brian Piccolo who used to play with the Chicago Bears football team in the late 60’s. I rode through a county park this morning named after Brian. He used to attend one of our local high schools prior to playing college ball and subsequently professional football. Brian played in the same backfield as super-star Gale Sayers.


Anyway, I slowly rode through the medium-sized park at will, stopping only once for my usual documentation photo. I like the photo because my bright orange biking jersey matches the kiddie playground in the background.

And how about that beautiful tropical scene in the lower-right picture?  This area is indeed a tropical paradise!  

No comments:

Post a Comment