Thursday, October 24, 2013

NATURE WALK + WEIGHT MACHINES

When the leading edge of a cold front was upon us, I decided to leisurely walk to and from our fitness center for a weight-machine workout, stopping along the way to gaze across the lake at the ominous looking gray clouds that were passing by.

A duck that was slowly swimming next to the grassy shoreline caught my attention at one point, as did a white Florida Ibis that was poking his long beak into the shallow water in hopes of spearing a minnow.

I then noticed some small bamboo shoots, or sprouts, making their debut along the western edge of the lake. I thought that was quite odd seeing as though the bunches of mature bamboo that had grown to maximum height is located many feet from the shoreline.

That cold front that I spoke of? It has blessed us with comfortable temps in the low 70’s.  How sweet it is!

I ask you, what’s more peaceful than observing nature?

No comments:

Post a Comment