Wednesday, October 9, 2013

MTB RIDE IN PEMBROKE LAKES AND PEMBROKE FALLS

Feeling a bit restless earlier this morning, I saddled up on the MTB for a fifteen-mile neighborhood ride through Pembroke Lakes and Pembroke Falls, passing six schools in the process that were in full session teaching the future citizens of America the basics of reading, writing and arithmetic. I can only hope that some of our future genius’ will become elected officials and actually accomplish something good for the country while in office. Wouldn’t that be a novel change!?

Anyhow, the weather was perfect for a bike ride, be it in the parks, on the bike trails or on the busy roadways dodging the countless horseless carriages. My choice, of course, was riding in the county park and on the comparatively safe sidewalks.

Three times I stopped the bike to snap some pictures in the sub-tropical paradise. I’m just sayin’, this is a lovely area to ride a bike if you wisely choose to remain off road.

I’m now ready for a quiet breakfast with my wife. I’m thinking eggs over light and a toasted everything bagel with cream cheese and thin tomato slices. Florida orange juice full of pulp will be my drink of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment