Wednesday, October 23, 2013

ROBBINS AND VISTA VIEW PARK MTB RIDES


I thoroughly enjoyed this morning’s ride. Not knowing what direction I would be headed once outside on the mountain bike, I chose to head northward towards Robbins Park and a biking trail that runs parallel to Hiatus Road. Good choice! Besides one lone female runner, a very pretty one at that, I was the only human on that trail as well as the adjacent trail that leads to Flamingo Road. There was a family of ducks walking across the Flamingo Road/Hiatus Road trail, but they skedaddled out of the way el pronto.

After stopping a couple of times in smallish roadside parks, both times to take sips from my Gatorade bottle, I headed towards Vista View Park with plans to ride on the mountain bike trail that encircles Mount Trashmore. I've been wanting to ride that trail for some time now.

The Mount Trashmore biking trail was awesome, very steep and very rocky. I was somewhat surprised about the larger rocks because I frequently observe runners on those trails running and walking. Now I know why they occasionally slow it down to a walk.

There were two inclines that had to of been 20% gradient or more, up and down. Talk about inclines that took my breath away, they managed to do just that.

All toll, I rode my MTB 27 miles this morning in the blistering sun. Not a cloud was to be seen in our tropical bluish sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment