Thursday, October 3, 2013

IMPROMPTU MOUNTAIN BIKE RIDE

Rain, rain go away, you’re shortening my bike rides to beginner’s mileage.

After first checking with the weather radar and feeling that it was clear to wander outside on the MTB for a medium-distance ride, I departed from our homestead around 8:30 this morning with no route in mind other than our local County Park and then westward.

Improvising the route during the entire ride, 14 miles into the ride I ended up pedaling up Mount Trashmore to catch a real-time view of the eastern horizon. Knowing that any rain would be headed inland from the Atlantic Ocean, I looked toward the east and caught a glimpse of some menacing-looking dark clouds headed my way. At the time I was a mere three+ miles from my truck that sat in the parking lot of my wife’s place of employment. Away I went!

Talk about perfect timing, I arrived at my wife’s work place just as the rain began. I then called to advise her that I was safe and sound inside the truck, which is something I always do at the end of my rides so that she won’t concern herself any longer with my safety.

I then drove to PetSmart for a purchase of six more tropical fish for our two fish tanks. The four guppies, one angel fish and one platy are already begging for fish flakes. I guess I better go feed them and the others.

Two hours after arriving home from cycling, shopping and feeding the tropical fish, I did an intense weight-machine workout in the fitness center that lasted for 50 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment