Thursday, September 26, 2013

HAVING FUN CYCLING FIFTY-ONE

How sweet it is, biking whenever I want to, where I want to, and how slow or fast I want to. Not being dropped from a group simply because I may get caught up in traffic is another perk of solo riding.

On top of those advantages, it’s also nice being able to take pictures whenever I see an opportunity. During this morning’s ride, I took 60+ pictures while cycling on sidewalks and bike-trails. That’s something I never could do whenever I used to ride with a group.

Twice today I stopped for a short break to snack and drink. Both times were in lovely tropical parks. My lone bathroom break was at one of our popular grocery stores in an area you don’t mind leaving your bike unattended for a moment. This particular grocery store acts as a way station for road bikers seven days a week.

And twice I got caught in a brief rain shower. It was no big deal, though, because it was actually a wanted break from today’s intense heat and humidity. The average temperature during my 51-mile ride was an uncomfortable 89F.

Musical Slideshow:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f-tysvNCsw

No comments:

Post a Comment