Saturday, September 21, 2013

BEAT-THE-HEAT HALF-METRIC-CENTURY MTB RIDE

In this region of our country, you have to begin your ride rather early in the morning to escape the relentless sub-tropical heat. I did just that by starting out from our home this morning around 6:30 a.m. when the only light came from street lamps and automobile headlights.

Meeting up with no one because of my early start, my destination and speed was solely left up to me. The last half of the ride ended up being faster than the first half mainly because during the last half I rode in areas that allowed me to bring the mountain bike up to speed – whatever up to speed is.

All sidewalks and trails today, with a smattering of road-cycling. Whenever I found it necessary to ride on the roads, I was cycling in the rural areas of Davie, never in your typical congested urban zones.

I dismounted from my bike only once during this morning’s ride, when I chowed down on an energy bar and drank from my water bottle while sitting underneath one of the pavilions that are conveniently positioned along Orange Drive’s asphalt bike trail.
 
It was a nice break and a perfect time to take a couple of pictures with my small Nikon L22 digital camera. Narcissistic I’m not, but I do attempt to take at least one picture of myself and bike during each ride for documentation purposes.
 
 
http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1827365

No comments:

Post a Comment