Tuesday, September 17, 2013

FOLLOW-MY-NOSE URBAN MTB RIDE

In the darkness of morning, 30 minutes prior to sunrise, I headed out on my mountain bike eager to follow the GPS course that I had generated last night using Garmin Connect. This is the results: Unlike when you generate a course using RidewithGPS, I soon learned that the Garmin generated course had no turn-by-turn directions to follow on my Garmin Edge 500. And there was no way that I could remember all of the turns without some sort of assistance. No problem, I would just follow my nose and see where that took me.
 
Evidently my navigator nose did a fairly good job, because all during my 30+ miles this morning I kept dodging all of the incoming rain showers. And there were numerous thunder boomers moving over land from the ocean.
 
Highlighting my ride was a late breakfast with my lovely wife at her work place. Although not planned, I just happened to be in the area right when she took her lunch break.
 
I’ll give my nose credit for that one!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment