Friday, November 15, 2013

SUPER-WET MOUNTAIN BIKE RIDE

Staying dry underneath a pavilion in county park
Thinking that the light sprinkle would soon pass, I headed out on my mountain bike for a leisure afternoon ride with plans to end the ride at my wife’s work place. Once there, I was to pick up our vehicle, drive it and the bike home, and then pick up my wife at closing time.

Well, so much for the light drizzle ending. Actually, the sprinkling did end - as soon as it turned into a tropical downpour – and the rain didn’t let up until I finally arrived at my wife’s work place 12 miles and nearly three hours later.

Needless to say, I looked like a drenched rat wearing a blue and orange cycling kit sitting atop a mountain bike.

The upside to all of this riding-in-the-rain nonsense was that I arrived at Janet’s store right when she was scheduled for her one hour dinner break. That being the case, we enjoyed a Whopper with fries and a garden salad with chicken at the neighboring Burger King.

Being inside out of the driving rain felt wonderful! Being with my wife was a super-size bonus. I’ll take that type of super-size bonus any day over super-sized fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment