Wednesday, November 6, 2013

1/4 IMPERIAL-CENTURY MOUNTAIN-BIKE RIDE

I may be slow as snail poop rolling uphill when riding my mountain bike, but I never fail to thoroughly enjoy every mile, be they into the wind or with the wind, uphill or downhill.

During today’s ride, the steady 20 to 25 mph wind provided me with a good aerobic workout when heading north and east. No problem, I simply geared it down allowing my speed to decrease significantly. I see no sense in rushing something I love doing!

After crossing the Stirling Road I-75 bridge, the Griffin Road I-75 bridge, and then riding up Mt. Trashmore, my total ascent for the day was an unbelievable 184 feet. Average pace was 9.0 mph with a maximum speed of 19.3 mph.

Average temperature was 86F with partly cloudy skies. I’ve already mentioned the strong wind from the ENE.

Another fun ride in the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment