Wednesday, November 13, 2013

35-MILE, THREE-PARK, MOUNTAIN BIKE RIDE

Collage of today's ride
Around 6:35 this morning, I took off on my mountain bike at the same time my wife took off in the truck, only I was heading out for a fun MTB ride and she was heading to work. Seems unfair, huh?

Not having a clue where I was headed, this morning’s ride turned out to be pretty darn good as well as educational. When riding through the Forest Ridge area, I learned who Fort Lauderdale was named after.

After riding around the “Forest Ridge” and “Tree Tops Park” areas,  I twisted my way around a bunch of trials and country roads towards another park called “Vista View Park.”


Taking a break along Orange Drive Bike Trail
Vista View Park is the park that used to be a large landfill. The area now serves as one of Broward County’s favorite parks for joggers and cyclists mainly because of what we locals call “Mount Trashmore.”

After riding on more trails and sidewalks, mostly trails, I entered my neighborhood’s park, “C.B. Smith County Park.”

This 345 acre park is a mere stone’s throw from our home, 1/2 mile to be exact. It was in this park that I got a good photo shot of what appears to be a Florida Wood Stork.

All in all, this morning’s bike ride was an awesome journey. I simply love riding my MTB in and around my sub-tropical neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment