Friday, August 19, 2011

RECOVERY DAY FIVE

Even though I’m somewhat discouraged with my knee recovery, make that both knees, I’m not totally disheartened. It’ll come in time, I hope!

Walking to the gym this afternoon wasn’t too bad up until I began walking along the lake. I’m thinking it was the sloped land near the lake’s edge that made walking difficult, not to mention the tree roots that jut out of the ground by several inches. Stepping over those babies can put anyone’s knees to the test.

Once inside the gym, I mostly did weight machines. The stationary recumbent bike did host me for 2-miles/8 ½ minutes – and one of the treadmills for 3/10ths of a mile at 3.5 mph. Feeling a slight tug inside the left knee, at least it felt like a tug, I thought it best to leap off the slow moving treadmill (after first stopping the tread) and then do a slow walk home along the lake and road.

So I did just that, snapping a few pictures of the lake as I meandered along its picturesque bank. Every picture came out fuzzy and I can’t figure out why.

Now I have two issues, my knees and the cell phone’s camera. I want the knees fixed first!

No comments:

Post a Comment