Thursday, August 18, 2011

RECOVERY DAY THREE

This afternoon’s walk, if that’s what you call it, was horrible. I walked at a pace that would embarrass a slug, turtle or fast moving snail. To be more precise, I walked like a senior citizen, deliberate and measured. Now I know how seniors feel. Wait, I am a senior.

Hoping that the walk to and from the gym would be fluid and comfortable, I found myself measuring nearly every step after leaving the entrance/exit to our community. Thankfully, at the half way point was the gym and my weight machine routine.

The resistance machines went smooth only because I mostly did upper body exercises. Afraid to stress out the knees, I held off from doing any lower body machines – and I’m glad I did. I can’t imagine my knees buckling under the stress of additional weight.

Tomorrow will be another day (Brilliant statement), and I plan on riding my backup bike next to my wife while she runs and walks whatever distance she may have in mind. I’ve already adjusted the new clip-on pedals to enable easy clipping and effortless clip-offs.

One thing I don’t want to do is fall off of the bike because of the new pedals – which could result in damaging my already damaged knees. What’s that called, double jeopardy?

No comments:

Post a Comment