Thursday, February 13, 2014

WINDY MOUNTAIN-BIKE RIDE

Today was weight lifting day. It was also a rainy day. But once the pesky rain subsided shortly before noon, I wanted to get in some miles on my mountain bike for no other reason than to test the bike’s new tires.

Just yesterday, I installed new Continental Town & Country 26X1.95’s. These tires are not knobby tires as the originals, so I was anxious to feel the difference between the two.

There most definitely is a difference, a big difference. The Town & Country tires are much quieter than the Kenda Kwick tires. They also make for easier pedaling. The T&C’s are more of a city tire, whereas the Kenda’s were basically made for off-road cycling.

Now that I have new tires on the mountain bike, I’m looking forward to many miles of trail and sidewalk cycling.

Regarding my 2011 road bike, it’s time to put the Felt Z6 in the LBS for a complete overhaul.  I just noticed that the bike's total mileage is 12,212. That's nearly half way around the world.    

No comments:

Post a Comment